Keep Yourself Protected: The Importance of Security Features for Self Storage
When you put your belongings in storage, you’re trusting the facility to protect your possessions. That’s why you spend time researching the self storage companies around you, looking for the best one. Storing your items in a storage facility means you’re expecting those items to be the same after months or even years. When you’re looking for the right storage facility for you, look for some of these self storage security attributes.
Self Storage Security Features that Help Protect Your Items
- Good lighting. A storage facility with ample lighting is one who takes security seriously. Not only does it make it easier for cameras to pick up what’s happening on the property, but it helps to discourage criminal activity. If you want to investigate how well lit a facility is, visit the property after dark. They may have a high-tech security system, but it’s not going to be at its most effect without good lighting.
- Camera surveillance. Paired with sufficient lighting, video surveillance is a necessary part of any good storage facility. Of course, the surveillance system needs to be up to standards. Ask any facility you’re considering questions like how many cameras there are on property, what hours do they run, how often are cameras watched and do they record for later use.
- Secure access. While you want to be able to access your items when you need, you also don’t want other people to be able to access them easily. A good storage facility should make it easy for clients to access their units but difficult for others to gain entry. Ask the facility what kind of locks they use or if they have keypads. Is their main gate coded to individual renters? What about fencing? All these different aspects can make your items much more secure.
- Lock options. As a storage unit renter, you may feel particular about certain locks. Padlocks have been the tried-and-true choice for many years, but disc locks are newer to the scene and dissuade theft a little more. A storage facility who takes pride in the security they offer will either provide top-of-the-line locks or sell them in their front office.
- Climate control options. While a climate controlled unit doesn’t protect from burglary, it still helps to keep your belongings safer. It will keep your items at a comfortable temperature and away from weather fluctuations which can warp and damage your property.
Experience Secure Storage with Self Storage of Vacaville
Self Storage of Vacaville takes security seriously, and we prove it through our secure storage features. We keep a watchful eye over our entire property with 24-hour closed-circuit camera surveillance, which is behind security gates that can only be opened by personalized codes. If you need a lock for your unit, you can find those in our front office — we want your items to be as secure as possible. And, each of our units (including our climate controlled options) are individually aligned as a further safety measure.
Reserve your secure storage unit from Self Storage of Vacaville today!