Creative Bathroom Storage Ideas
The bathroom. It’s one of the smallest spaces in our home, yet it competes to be one of the most used rooms. That can often mean chaos and disorganization when it comes to getting ready for work or school in the morning and the nightly shower rush. Adding some creative bathroom storage ideas can make all the difference.
Bathroom Organization Ideas for Small Bathrooms
- Use trays to organize. Like many homes, small items such as perfume bottles, toothpaste and decorative bobbles often sit out on the bathroom counter. Just a few items scattered about the area can make it feel cluttered and disorganized. An easy way to create organization is to use trays for these items. They can be as simple as a decorative plate that matches the bathroom décor or as extensive as a divided organizer with slots for different items.
- Do you have items that you’d rather not be out in view like spare rolls of toilet paper? Storage options like baskets can dress them up a bit and make them look a little bit nicer.
- Hide under-sink items with a sink skirt. Many of us take advantage of the space under our sinks to use as storage. However, some sinks like pedestals, wall-mounted sinks and even undermount sinks with an open under-counter can expose a lot of eyesores. Adding a simple, fabric sink skirt can be a quick and cheap way to fix that. Now you can store as much as you want under your sink, and guests won’t have to look at an array of bottles or storage bins when they use the room.
- Take advantage of shower cubbies, niches and caddies. Your shower is an even smaller space within your bathroom, so you understand how difficult it is to keep that specific area organized. A simple solution is adding a shower cubby or caddy for bathroom organization. They can help keep your shower clutter-free without taking up excess space.
- Add shelving. Tight areas mean less floor space. When you run out of space on the ground, it’s time to look to the sky – or in this case, the wall. Rather than trying to fit a bulky shelving unit in the bathroom, consider adding floating shelves on blank wall space. If you don’t want to anchor shelves to the wall, another solution is over-the-toilet storage.
- Transform small tables or carts into storage. If you have some extra space between fixtures like the toilet and the sink, an old piece of furniture such as an end table can come in handy. Small tables or carts that fit between spaces creative bathroom storage without spending an arm and a leg.
Upgrade Your Bathroom Organization with Self Storage of Vacaville
The process of organizing often means discovering how little room you actually have. If you have a pile of items that you no longer have the space for or things you only need a few months out of the year, Self Storage of Vacaville is here to help. We can help you find the right size storage unit for your items, as well as provide facility features such as climate controlled spaces. And our added layers of protection like 24-hour closed-circuit camera surveillance and individually alarmed units help you sleep soundly at night.
Ready to get your space back? Reserve your storage unit today!