Home Renovation Ideas on a Budget
If you’re like most homeowners in America, you probably have a long list of projects around the house. The kitchen cabinets are from the 80s. The flooring in the living room is worn and scuffed. The walls in each of the bedrooms haven’t been painted in 10 years. You’d love to be able to mark every task off your list, but your budget can only stretch so far. That’s why we’ve come up with these 11 home improvement projects that won’t break the bank.
Home Improvement Projects Your Wallet Will Love
Living Room Ideas and General Home Updates
- New hardware. Just updating things like door handles, knobs and faucets can change the look of a room. They can quickly modernize a room or bring it back to another era.
- Add some interest to walls and ceilings. The flat surfaces of a room can feel outdated and bland. You can fix that by adding trim or wainscoting. This simple touch makes a room look high-end without a high-end budget.
- Fix the flooring. If you have hardwood flooring, you know how the finish can peel and scuff over time. To make the whole room feel updated and new, refinish your hardwood floors or lay down new peel-and-stick flooring.
Kitchen Renovation Ideas
- Replace counter tops instead of the whole kitchen. Replacing countertops, cabinets and fixtures means a big hit to your bank account. Rather than trying to replace everything, just replace or resurface the countertops. If you want to save even more and are open to putting in a little more effort, you can DIY a concrete countertop.
- Add some backsplash. Is your kitchen void of backsplash? Or maybe you have it, but it’s outdated. Adding a fresh, modern backsplash can transform your kitchen for a smaller price. There are plenty of design options, so you’re sure to find something that fits your style.
- Create an “island.” Islands are popular, surface-creating features for kitchens, but they can be expensive. Instead of investing in island cabinets and a new countertop, consider using a simple table in place of an island.
- Update cabinets. Updating cabinets doesn’t have to mean replacing them. It can be as simple as removing the doors and adding paint or peel-and-stick wallpaper to the back. If you don’t like the idea of exposed cabinet shelves, you can also update kitchen cabinets with a fresh coat of paint.
Easy Bathroom Updates
- Add an accent wall. A splash of color or a fun pattern can make your bathroom feel brand new. Picking just one wall for the update can also keep your budget low. And using peel-and-stick wall paper means you can update it again easily later.
- Add a bit of storage. Bathrooms are notorious for not having enough storage. Even a small storage unit in your bathroom creates utility as well as adds a decorative accent.
Bedroom Upgrade Ideas
- Add a headboard. The addition of a headboard in your bedroom creates a statement while still being an inexpensive update. Purchasing a pre-made one can be costly, but you can save yourself money by DIYing a headboard.
- Add shelving. When it comes to shelving, you can never have too much in a bedroom. If you’re adding them to the kid’s bedrooms, shelving can grow with them from holding toys as toddlers to books as teenagers.
Keep Improving Your Home with Self Storage of Vacaville
Another way to spruce up a room is through decluttering. As you start clearing the items out of each room of your home, you may find yourself wanting to hold onto many of them. If you don’t have the room in your house to store everything, turn to Self Storage of Vacaville. Our storage facility offers security features such as mobile gate access and computerized gate entry as an addition layer of protection. We also have climate controlled storage units so not only are your items sheltered from the fluctuation California temperatures, but you’ll also be more comfortable when visiting your unit.
Reserve your storage unit today!