What to Look for in a Moving Company
Considering hiring a moving company? If you are doing a large move, or maybe do not have a lot of experience with moving, there can be some real benefits to hiring professional movers. But, in order to get the best experience possible and avoid a moving scam, it is important that you know what to look for in your moving company. Read below!
Should I Hire Professional Movers? 6 Things to Look for with your Moving Company
- A moving company that is licensed: It is important to keep in mind that anyone can get a truck and start their own moving business. Just because they have a moving truck, does not mean they are licensed. With a licensed moving company, you have a better chance of getting reimbursed should something get broken or damaged during the move.
- Scams: While moving scams are rare, they are still a real thing. When you receive your quote, ask what is included with this quote. If something feels off, or the quote feels too good to be true, it likely is.
- Recommendations: The best way to avoid being a victim to a moving scam is to ask for recommendations from family members or friends. If you have connections that have used moving companies in the past, ask them who they used for a moving company and about their experience.
- Check reviews: Even after asking for recommendations, it is still smart to read reviews on the moving company before booking them. Just because one person had a good experience with a company, doesn’t mean that others didn’t have a poor experience.
- A comprehensible rate: When you get a quote from a moving company, it is important to keep in mind that it is just the base rate. Depending on the situation of your move, you may have to pay more. For example, if you have a lot of very large and heavy objects, there will likely be fees involved. This goes for moving to or from a high-rise apartment. Moving companies will usually charge more if their workers had to navigate the stairs or elevator. Additionally, if you will be renting supplies with your moving company, you will also have to pay more.
- A company with a customer support team: Hopefully you will not have to utilize the customer support team, but it is still essential that your team has one. Just in case something does go wrong, the customer support team will help to make it right.
Let a Storage Unit Help With Your Move!
If you choose to do a DIY move, you may benefit from renting a storage unit during the months leading up to your move. When you rent a storage unit, you're able to move packed boxes you will not need until after your move is complete into a secure location. This can help to limit the amount of items you have to move on your moving day. Self Storage of Vacaville has a storage facility in Vacaville, CA, with a variety of sizes of storage units, including the 5x5, 5x10, 10x7.5 and 10x10 storage unit. Reserve your storage unit today!