5 Tips for Staging a Home for Quick Sale
Home staging is the newest trend in real estate. When done correctly, staging your home can help it to sell quicker and easier. So, what is home staging? And how can you use it for yourself? Find out below!
What is Home Staging?
The goal of home staging is to make your home appear bigger, more welcoming, warmer, brighter and appeal to more buyers. Once your home is staged, any buyer that walks through it should have an easy time picturing themselves living in your home. Are you interested in staging your home for a quick sale? Learn how below!
Essential Home Staging Tips
- Declutter your home: The fewer items you have in the home, the more spacious and organized it will look. Comb through each room and remove and items that are not needed. For example, any large pieces of furniture that do not add to the room, kids’ toys or other items that may not appeal to all buyers should be removed.
- Depersonalize your home: Since the goal of staging the home is to help potential buyers to picture themselves living there, it is beneficial to remove personal photos from the living room and other main rooms. For a potential buyer, walking through a home and seeing pictures of the current owners scattered throughout the rooms can be distracting and prevent them from picturing their family in the home.
- Clean the home thoroughly: When staging your home, it is important to make sure it is thoroughly clean. On top of straightening up the house, scrub the carpets with a carpet cleaner, wash the windows and mop the floors.
- Prioritize the rooms that matter: Staging an entire house would take an unimaginable amount of time. Instead, focus on staging the rooms that matter. Start with the living room, then move to the kitchen and lastly to the master bedroom. After these rooms are staged, use your best judgement to determine if other rooms in your house need more attention.
- Focus on curb appeal: The first thing any potential buyer will see is the outside of your home. In order to make a good impression on someone there to tour it, as well as people passing by that may be in the market for a new home it is important that your house has curb appeal. When creating curb appeal, consider power washing the outside of the house, sidewalks and driveway to remove any dirt. Additionally, patch any sparse areas of grass and add flowers along the walkway to the front door.
Rent a Storage Unit for Home Staging!
Staging a home can be that much more difficult when you are still living in the home. In order to be able to properly declutter the home, consider a storage unit rental. With a storage unit rental, you can store large pieces of furniture, boxes that are already packed and more so potential buyers do not see them. Self Storage of Vacaville has a storage facility in Vacaville, CA with popular storage unit sizes, including the 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 storage unit. Our storage facilities offer both climate controlled and traditional storage units, ideal for storing even temperature sensitive items. Reserve a storage unit with Self Storage of Vacaville today!