Tips from the Experts: Moving and Storing a Washer and Dryer
Are you moving soon or upgrading appliances? If so, you are likely tasked with moving your washer and dryer. A washer and dryer are very heavy and not easy to move. In order to prevent these machines from getting damaged, it is important that you move them correctly. Looking for tips for moving your washer and dryer? Keep reading this post!
6 Essential Tips for Moving a Washer and Dryer
- 1. Run a cleansing rinse through the washing machine: Over time, detergent can get built up inside of the washing machine. In order to clean out the washing machine, run solution of water and vinegar through the machine.
- 2. Shut off the water: Find the water valves located behind the washing machine. Turn the handle of the valves clockwise to shut the water off. Once the water has been shut off, disconnect the hoses connecting the machine to the water. In order to prevent these hoses from getting misplaced during the move, store them inside of the dryer.
- 3. Remove the lint tray from the dryer: Clear any remaining lint out of the lint tray. Place the lint tray inside of the washing machine with the water hoses.
- 4. Turn off the gas: If your dryer uses gas, it’s necessary to turn off the gas before moving it. It is important to note that if you do not have experience with handling a gas line, do not try to do so. Contact a professional for help with turning the gas off. Once the gas has been turned off, remove the gas line hose.
- 5. Use moving blankets to protect the machines: Wrap the washer and dryer in moving blankets to protect them during the move. This will help to prevent the machines from getting dinged or permanently damaged.
- 6. Always use a dolly when moving the machines: A washer and dryer are extremely heavy. Do not try to lift the machines. A dolly can be used to easily transport the washer and dryer from one location to another.
2 Tips for Storing a Washing and Dryer
Are you looking for temporary or long-term storage for your washer and dryer? Read these 2 important tips for storing a washer and dryer! • 1. Keep the appliance doors open: In order to prevent moisture from getting trapped inside of the machines, it is important to leave the appliance doors open. Over time, if moisture gets trapped inside, it can result in the formation of mold or mildew. • 2. Keep the washer and dryer covered: Prevent dust from settling on the washer and dryer by keeping the machines covered with the moving blankets.
Vacaville Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Vacaville, CA
Are you looking for a storage facility near you in Vacaville, CA? Vacaville Self Storage has both traditional and climate controlled storage facilities ideal for storing the smallest or largest items. Our storage facilities have convenient storage unit sizes, including the 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 storage unit. Reserve a storage unit with Vacaville Self Storage today!